Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Windyoming

Hooray (pronounced Huh-Ray) and I were up in Jackson Hole this past weekend for a hockey tournament...and let me just tell you our drive home was quite the adventure...


This was what it looked like from the comfort of my seat in the car... Blowing snow, poor visibility was an understatement.
Um, that sign should be the Wyoming State Flag!
This was looking out the side window... if we weren't driving across I-80, it would have been quite pretty really!
oops... that's an west bound semi... flipped over, facing east in the median. This was probably semi number 15 that we witnessed wrecked upon our track home. Included in the tally was 2 fed ex trucks with tandems... so if you were expecting a package... it might be late!
That's a state trooper on the left... heading toward another wreck!
Just a few samples of our sightings....
We might have slid of the road the night before... and I am almost positive the above picture is what we looked like as we sat in the center median in the Black of the Wyoming wonderful night! (And I am sure Hooray wants me to mention... I was driving when we slid of the highway!... I want to mention, that was the first time in my life I have ever slid a car off the road... We both want to mention... the drive on I-80 from Rock Springs WY to Rawlings WY is by far the worst stretch of highway we have ever driven in bad weather!) Fortunately, we were able to get out of the center median, (I was still driving... despite Ray's inner, secret wishes!) We got the ole' 4 runner facing the correct direction and made our way to a real fancy hotel to hunker down for the night! Painful!
Some of the things I thought I heard from Ray during the adventure:
"It is FULL ON WINTER here"
"I'm driving using Brail"
"That guy's in for a surprise" Talking to a 5th wheel camper guy heading West
"We could've flipped... for sure!"
"The wind blew that whole town away"
"Michael Jackson is such a good singer"
"Pass me the Dorritoes... and Twizzlers Please"


2 comments:

Hooray said...

THAT IS FUNNY!!! I am sooooooo cracking up right now.....and it hurts to laugh!

b fisk said...

i'm laughing pretty hard too, and i wasn't even there.

ps. mj is a great singer. he's bad.