Okay, it's catch up time... so, if you are really looking to kill some time, this next post is for you. That's right...I'm talking to you "I get paid to surf the net" This is your lucky day! You know who you are too... I'll use pig latin... etoVay, uffPay, TKay, EcklesEay, HampCay, annyFay... (im just jealous!) Anyway, it's springtime, so my time to post is limited...but it's not that I am not thinking of you virtual readers! I take sniper shots daily... and then on a beautiful Sunday morning like today I finally download them and BOOM... it's like why the hell did I take that picture? So... hope you have a few minutes to catch up with me... of course you do... you'll even get paid to do it! LH and her mom got the summer pool going this last week, but it seems most of the blow up crap has found its way into the tub. Barely enough room for two small children!
This was from the bank line. That's a care from California... and the plate reads "Skippy." Really? I quickly thought to myself, that's actually appropriate... I mean a license plate from like New York or North Dakota that said Skippy would be weird.
So, I had a guy come in and chop down one of the trees in our backyard...and figured I could get the stump out... well, even with my backhoe (yup, I said hoe) my weekend warrior Ray, and the neighbor we still haven' budged the damn thing. (make shaking fist at sky right now)
This kid is coming into his own... cute and super funny!
This was the stump last weekend... that's a sawzall, my beer and my flip flops there in the picture! Two of those items are probably why I wasn't too successful in my efforts.
Oh no... This frog had a bad night. These are the kinda things you find on the golf course in the early morning hours. Some bird obviously hasn't heard frog legs are good!
I love this dog!
That's a tiny little frog we spied on the green. He was playing dead here in the "crouching frog" position. Logan kissed him... but he didn't turn into her dog prince!
Hello... how great is this lady?!
So, Root Landscape and their HIGHLY trained crew are taking a tree out here.
How not to load a tree and haul it home... just an FYI now that summer is here and some of you might be tempted to go do yard work and might be bringing a tree home from your local nursery or Homo Depot.
You can't see this bumper sticker, but it says "some gifts only come from god" And I thought to myself "yeah, like three huge CB antennas on your car!
Giddy up... He musta seen Ray sun tanning too!
Logan likes to rid with her little paw under her chin leaning on the car door... wind in her hair... dreaming of the good ole days when both her back legs work and I didn't have to lift her fat ass into the truck! (kidding Logan, I don't' mind lifting you in the truck... i think it's kinda cute actually)
Okay... this was two of the players from Boston Rugby team at the after match party. Notice the obvious here... cup tapped to hand! That's just so rugby! Things not soooo obvious... kid on left is 95 pounds and plays rugby. That's like a fat kid doing gymnastics. Picture the tight suit. Second not so obvious... kid with tapped hand is deaf. She is also Funny as hell, but real deaf. I of course pointed out the obvious to her (insert me a little drunk and probably talking loud) "it's probably real hard to hear your teammates yelling they are in support... but what a GREAT excuse for not passing the damn ball." she agreed... and then I poured more beer into her cup hand!
Ray and HoJo sporting their Derby Hats. I think Ray supplied half the bar with Derby hats that afternoon. She was WAY into it.
More action shots from the tree cutters... notice Chano balancing on the fence with a chain saw in his hand! Now that's safety folks! The more important thing here...and why they are one of the best damn crew ever is Shorty worrying about Logan. He is telling her to move in case Chano falls off the fence and the chainsaw goes flying! Nice work Shorty!
I'm shaking my head still!
Boom... lol. See why I like playing Rugby so much! Hell, I would be in the penalty box in Hockey for a hit like that!
Oh know, someone seriously feel into this bucket while practicing his golf game! This is the 2nd time he has done this. No kidding. I will try and find the other picture. Not sure how he does it... but it is pure entertainment each and every time.
Guess who is my employee for the summer. Smelli! Here she is cleaning the greens mower off on one of her first days. So far she is holding her own with all the golfers and I haven't made her cry. She's pretty tuff! Also, I am pretty sure her hands are dirtier than they have EVER been in her entire life.
See... daydreaming of when she didn't need my help to get in the truck!
2 comments:
maybe you can use that scene with logan, chano, shorty and the chain saw in your new advertising campaign. "ROOT landscaping, where safety always comes first". let me know if you need any more marketing ideas.
I would like to say that I very much enjoyed the long blog today! I can look at it while I work!!! :) Ahhh yes, my job is the best!!!!
Post a Comment