Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Golf Course Fun...

Good Morning Chano.... "Um EhhMee... (that's amy in spanglish) The mower is in the lake"

It's easy to do... there is no traction on the greens mowers tires. They are smooth as a babies butt... Add rain and wet grass... it spells disaster if Chano is operating the machine! He has this uncanny ability to put things in ditches and lakes.
Week before phone call from Chano: "What ha-pen to la pointe on numbero ocho? You breaky?" My reply: "whats wrong with the bridge on 8? AND no I didn't break it Chano!"
Come to find out some golfer can't drive a golf cart and ran the front tire through the side and knocked the rock face off the outside of the bridge. Of course the said golfer doesn't stop in the club house to say they "brokey" the bridge. Why, that would be the right thing to do... more reason I hate weekend golfers!


Last week I came out of my office and found the neighbor/farmers cows grazing on holes 4 and 5. A few minutes later my dad comes driving through the herd in his golf cart and they take off running in different directions. Logan, my border collie/Australian Shepard (aka: cow dog) stands next to me and watches em take off. I tell Logan to go get em...she looks up at me kinda puzzled what that exactly means. I tell my pop he better get up to the front gates and shut them so Farmer Johns cows don't get out onto the road and we end up on channel 9's morning traffic report. He floors his EZ-Go and half the cows run back towards the gate the snuck in through, the other half head towards the driving range. One cow starts taken his frustration out on a tree... or he just ran into it... a couple of times. Another cow is mounting his buddy. Really? How about you get off the golf course first big guy... then you can get lucky. Anyway, I take off running for the group heading toward the range... Logan is in a slow jog behind me. She's real helpful. I get them headed back towards the gate... except for 3 calves who backtrack and run across the 4th green. Little bastards. All and all it was a real exciting morning here at the golf course.

No comments: