Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"SHORTY!"

So, I was sitting in my office when Chano came in and said... (insert Mexican accent and a little spanglish) "Aehmee, jou a la viva rah in cubeta con oojhoos' in la granero?" Translation: Amy, did you put a snake in the barn in a bucket with holes in it?
My reaction: "What?" translation: Como?

That's right... Shorty caught himself a snake and put it in a bucket in the barn. As a lid to contain his new pet he used a crate box and another bucket inside the crate. Well, believe it or not... the snake was able to escape through the lid! As seen in photo's! Upon further inspection of the snake... it was just a bull snake. (fun fact: Shorty has in fact caught a rattle snake out here before and tried to keep it as a pet. ) Bull snakes are harmless, non venomous snakes... but act and look VERY similar to a rattlesnake. We happen to have both types out here.
I proceeded to take the snake out to shorty on the golf course and ask him where he found it... because I wanted to let it go. (Bull snakes actually eat small rodents:...so they are REAL good to have around) He really wanted to keep it... and I said no way! So, we settled on just naming him... "Jimmy" and letting him go back at the barn. As you can see Logan was quite intrigued by Jimmy... I am happy to say Jimmy is probably chewing on a baby bunny or mouse under my office right now as I type this up and Shorty is working...

2 comments:

Hooray said...

tell my boyfriend i really don't like snakes so much...

Anonymous said...

Holy SHIT